NYSAFP Undergraduate Scholarship
The New York State Association for Food Protection (NYSAFP) is offering two $1000.00 Scholarships for undergraduate students enrolled for the 2017-2018 academic year. The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage students to explore educational programs related to food protection and/or agricultural related studies. Applicants must have completed at least 2 full semesters and provide their most recent transcripts. Scholarship Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will be accepted after the 2017 spring semester and must be received by July 14, 2017 .
- Students must be enrolled for the 2017-2018 academic year in fields of study related to food protection or other agricultural studies.
- Students must have completed at least two semesters as a full-time student in a NYS college or university and maintained a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- All pages of the application form must be completed and returned. A separate document responding to all of the application’s questions/requests may be used.
- Copies of transcripts from all applicable college or university courses completed must accompany the application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required:
- One letter pertaining to academic background and achievements (e.g., from a professor, instructor, guidance personnel
- One letter pertaining to extracurricular, community, or employment activities (e.g., from a church leader, sports coach, or work supervisor)