What are the objectives of NYSAFP?
- To strive for continued improvement in the safety, sanitary, and nutritional quality of milk and other foods;
- To provide educational opportunities in these areas through meetings and publications;
- To promote greater uniformity of sanitary food, drug, and environmental regulations and their enforcement in the dairy and food industries; and
- To assist its members in achieving these objectives.
What does the Association offer?
- Membership in a professional society at the state level that provides for invaluable interaction with your peers.
- Annual Conferences held in September that provide educational and networking opportunities through talks, forums and exhibits.
- Affiliates located throughout the state that provide opportunities for each member to participate and interact at the local level.
- Additional educational and networking opportunities through regional workshops, sponsored training programs and local affiliate meetings.
- Quarterly Newsletters that provide updates on the happenings of the Association and its Affiliates, as well as timely news items in the world of food safety and protection.
- An Annual Report that includes a list of members’ names and addresses, abstracts of papers presented at the annual conference and other reports.
- Opportunities to join and participate in Association committees, including those on food, equipment & environmental concerns; farm methods, and milk laboratory practices.
- Special one day educational seminars on specific topics at a discount to NYSAFP members.